I’m not sure how this would work logistically, but thinking of doing some “commissions for Ferguson” style of thing, selling commissions and donating the money to one or several of the online fundraisers. I’d love to just donate money but tbh I’ll be able to make rent this month and that’s it. Would that be interesting to anyone? Perhaps a few artists could do this together?
- Donate money to have those arrested in Ferguson released on bail. These people belong on the streets, especially at a time like this.
- Send a note of condolence to the family of Michael Brown. Let’s not forget the tragedy that started this.
- Donate to the Michael Brown Memorial Fund. This is an official fundraiser run by the Brown family’s lawyers. They are going through so much, lets make sure at the very least it isn’t a financial burden.
- Help get people on the ground. There are activists and reporters who want to do their part and get to Ferguson. Donate and get them there. I am so far aware of Zellie Imani, Zak Jemmott, and JR Valrey (a reporter for SF Bay View).
- Donate to the Ferguson Youth Initiative.The children of this community deserve better than to be gunned down. Make sure they get that in the future.
- Feed the children of Ferguson. Many children in America rely on school to get their meals and thanks to the civil unrest caused by the police, the children of Ferguson have been without school since Monday. These people want to make sure that doesn’t mean anyone is going hungry.
- Find a National Moment of Silence in your area. If one doesn’t exist, start one. Share this experience with others. Solidarity is important.
- Keep awareness up. Not just among the like-minded people on tumblr, this is something everyone needs to be aware of.
- Spread accurate information. There is a lot of distortion going on here and spreading every piece of information as it is reported only makes that worse. First and foremost make sure you are listening carefully, then share what is important and relevant.
If you are aware of any good causes or ways to help that I have missed, please reblog and add them.
Scott Woods (X)
he motherfucking dropped the truth.
THAT’S THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR OWNING EVERYTHING
this is a super important explanation to think about whenever you feel like telling someone that something isn’t racist because you don’t hate x person.
I probably reblogged in the past, but here it is again in that case.
Any femme followers know a good online place to buy lingerie? Like, not AP good, but not completely basic either?
I’m not from the States so I emphatically do not want to appropriate any anger here, but it is crass as hell to write meta on how Sam Vimes would conduct himself in Ferguson at the moment when the situation is highly charged, ongoing, and involves the lives of actual living people who are impacted by any decisions the police make right now. This is tantamount to equating the escalation of events in the wake of Mike Brown’s death to fiction. Please cut that out.
Please stop glorifying Sam Vimes and the fictional police force(s) of the Discworld when one of the bulwarks of the criticism of the situation in Ferguson is the rampant police violence — and at that, racist police violence that specifically targets Black Americans. Vimes is culturally white and British. Think about that.
I’m not advocating hate for Sam Vimes, but please don’t react to people who are reacting with justified anger against the police, in a situation that has been by all accounts YEARS in the making, by talking up the virtues of a fictional white police officer and fictional police forces from a satirical fantasy series that deliberately breaks societal expectations and depicts extreme and unlikely things in order to make a point.
Oh my fucking god
Anonymous said: Hej! Jag kommer inte in i serierna Hair o Cuts n bruises på hemsidan, vet du varför? Kram
The reason that you can’t access All Our Cuts and Bruises and my Hair comic on my website is that I haven’t put them up yet! AOCAB is being relaunched/rebooted sometime this fall, or possibly even published in a real world magazine. And Hair is available to read on my tumblr, so I’m waiting to pick up the bigger size files from my old school server before I put them on my site!
I really need to put some sort of “under construction” notice on there. Will do that when I’ve got proper computer access! Thanks for asking!
hey girl are you a terrible Come Dine With Me contestant because I wanna give you one in the back of a cab
!!!!!!!!!!!! MIND BLOWN